From: <bounce-122089986-73493...@list.cornell.edu> on behalf of Electric
<electricaltranslat...@gmail.com>
Date: Thursday, November 30, 2017 at 2:42 AM
To: MATPOWER discussion forum <matpowe...@list.cornell.edu>
Subject: Re: How to find max-load ability for each bus of power system

Thank you for your hint Ray,
I two questions about CPF, would be glad if someone reply.

  1.  What is the specifics of the bus that CPF plots itself? Does it means the
voltage at that bus has been violated more than the others?

When the option cpf.plot.level is set to greater than 0, CPF plots the bus
voltage magnitude for a given bus if the bus number is provided via the option
cpf.plot.bus. If this option is not used then it plots the voltage magnitude
for the bus (type PQ) with the largest transfer.

2) I calculate the voltage violation as follows:
absV=abs(res.cpf.V);      % nb* nitr
last_itr=size(absV,2);
voltage_dev= max(absV') - min(absV');   % voltage violation
figure(2)
bar ( voltage_dev)

Is this correct?
Looks fine to me for what you are trying to do.

 the curve that cpf plots is not always the same as the index of the bus
corresponding to max(voltage_dev)

See my above point on which bus CPF selects for plotting.

Thanks.

On Tue, Nov 28, 2017 at 5:43 PM, Ray Zimmerman