From: <bounce-122159463-73493...@list.cornell.edu> on behalf of Young-Hwan Lee
<le...@umbc.edu>
Date: Thursday, December 28, 2017 at 10:13 AM
To: "MATPOWER-L@cornell.edu" <MATPOWER-L@cornell.edu>
Subject: Question about the continuation power flow

To whom it may concern,

I'm trying to solve an easy problem with case39 using the continuation power
flow. I set the base case as origin, which is PG, PD, QD are all zero. I do not
change any values for the target case, which means I just use the initial
values. In addition, I set the reactive power limit using the option
"cpf.enforce_q_lims." However, it didn't work and I got the message "CPF
TERMINATION: Base case power flow did not converge." If I don't set the
reactive power limit, the continuation power flow can solve this problem. If I
change the base case as more than 0.7 times initial values, it worked. Could
you explain why the continuation power flow cannot converge when setting the
reactive power limit with origin base case, please?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Young-hwan Lee