Currently, I believe the only way to dissipate energy from the storage (as
opposed to discharging into the grid) is via the LossFactor described in Table
5-2. This factor can be modified per period using a profile, but it’s defines
the fraction of the stored energy that is dissipated, as opposed to a specified
fixed amount, which is what it sounds like you want.

While I haven’t ever tried it, I suppose it should be possible to change the
network location using a profile to change the GEN_BUS of the generator that
corresponds to the storage unit. Have you tried that?

If that works, it may even be possible to create a separate island in your
network, where you connect your EV and a pre-specified demand to represent the
discharge from driving.

Actually, I just checked the code in apply_changes()
<http://www.pserc.cornell.edu/matpower/docs/ref/matpower6.0/apply_changes.html>
and it looks like to change GEN_BUS with a profile you’ll need to modify lines
150-151 to add GEN_BUS to the list of valid columns.

This seems like a creative use of MOST. I’d love to hear how it works out.

    Ray