Jubeyer Rahman wrote:
Hi,

I have several questions regarding the AC power flow in matpower.

a. I would like to know whether the AC Power Flow command ('runpf') ,when called, does it have any constraint to constrain the transformer power rating violation which is related to the real and reactive power flows into the transformers both at origin bus and destination bus?
No, it doesn't; the traditional formulation of the power flow does not include this feature (it would not be what is normally calle a "power flow").  MATPOWER does include the option to try to remain within reactive generation limits, though.  This requires changing the type of the conflicting generator's bus from "PV" to "PQ".
b. How to incorporate transformer's magnetizing conductance in the power flow equations? Or does matpower already takes care of it? ( I didn't see it in the matpower AC PF formulation)
The magnetizing susceptance is not included in the general branch model that MATPOWER employs.  At the transmission level, neither the core loss conductance nor the magnetizing susceptance are usually modeled.  If you assume that either the "from" side voltage or the "to" side voltage is what is actually present at the terminals of these two elements, then they could be added as shunt elements in the corresponding bus.  Just not in the branch specification.
c.Is there any way to change the power balance equations at buses? Any matpower example or reference to the example will be greatly appreciated.
Ray answered this.
d. I have observed after running a power flow, one generator's real power has gone below its minimum, this happens when I took one branch out to simulate a branch contingency event. Do you know why this is happening? I mean, this is violating the Pmax and Pmin constraints?

That generator could only be the slack generator, since all other generator's active power output remains fixed in a traditional power flow.  The problem seems to be in the specification of the power output for non-slack generators.  The slack  generator must adjust the overall active power balance, that's what it is for. This is one of the underlying assumptions in the formulation of a traditional power flow.

Regards,
Jubeyer
carlos.