#FOO CEJUN, JOEL# wrote:
I am a student working on an OPF model for a 15 bus power system.

I discovered an issue whereby the converged voltage magnitude output values do not keep within the voltage constraints, which I have set to be Vmax= 1.05 and Vmin= 0.95.
This happens primarily for the PF study only.

I would like to know why would there still be a converged output even if the voltage constraints are not met.

Thank you in advance for any response to this query. Please refer to the following screenshots for reference.

Hi Joel;

The traditional power flow problem, as conceived, is only about "solving the circuit", not about dispatching generators to meet voltage or transmission constraints.  There's no reason to expect that the solution of a power flow will meet such constraints.  Please study the statement of the power flow problem in any power systems textbook.  If you want the solution to meet those constraints, then you solve a different kind of problem, not a power flow.  One way is with an optimal power flow; there are others.

Carlos.