Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to parse some MATPOWER cases in another language, and realized that
some cases (e.g., case10ba.m) contain PD, QD data that are in kV/kVAr, and
branch impedance in Ohms rather than p.u. I have two questions:

1. Is the "conversion to p.u. and MV/MVAr" process the identical across all
such "non-standard" test cases, i.e., can I look for key phrases such as
"converted to kW below" when parsing the test case?
2. Should the BASE_KV column in mpc.bus matrix be the same for all such cases?
Again, with the case10ba.m example, I noticed that only Bus 1's BASE_KV value
is used to convert the branch impedance to p.u.

Thanks very much for your help!

Jeffrey Chen