Dear Yan,

Yes to your first question. The STATUS determine the connectivity or
otherwise of a branch.

On the second question, there are algorithm for running Distribution power
flow different from runpf.

Kindly refer to the manual for about three different distribution power
flow algorithm and how they are invoked.

Lastly, not all reconfigured topology may necessarily converged even with
distribution power flow algorithm. So, be sure while implementing the
reconfiguration, you don't create Island..

Hope this helps. Regards.