From: mauiusers-boun...@supercluster.org
[mailto:mauiusers-boun...@supercluster.org] On Behalf Of Near-Ansari, Naveed
Sent: Friday, July 12, 2013 11:21 AM
To: maui
Subject: [Mauiusers] resource prioritization

Hi everyone,

Maui 3.3.1
Torque 2.5.9 (with gpu support compiled in)

i am trying to figure out the best way to schedule resources, specifically
gpus.  I know there are maybe ways to force assigning nodes with gpis to
specific queues, but war we want is more flexibility.  We want non gnu jobs to
first attempt to run on non-gpu nodes, and if they aren't available, then run
on gnu nodes, in essence, setting priorities on nodes to specific queues.

currently we have queues with overlapping nodes.  10 gnu nodes dedicated to the
gpu queue, and the rest shared with the default queue.  The features are set in
the nodes file for torque.

Does anyone have a good way of setting these priorities in a way that makes
sense?

I have looked through the documentation for maui, but am unclear as to the best
way to proceed.

One thought is to use NODECFG to add gnu features to the GPU nodes and then set
NODEALLOCATIONPOLICY to PRIORITY and prioritizing the gnu nodes, but i am
unsure as to whether this could be done per queue.

Any thoughts and help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Naveed