Hi,

I can't see the email below in The mauiusers Archives, why?

Thanks,

Sue

From: Xue (Sue) Yang [mailto:x.y...@physics.usyd.edu.au]
Sent: Friday, 9 May 2014 3:18 PM
To: 'mauiusers@supercluster.org'
Subject: maui/torque preemption

Hi,

We have an issue similar to the one  below.  Any advice about it?

thanks,

Sue

maui/torque preemption

News group gmane <http://en.it-usenet.org/groups/gmane.*/> .comp
<http://en.it-usenet.org/groups/gmane.comp.*/> .clustering
<http://en.it-usenet.org/groups/gmane.comp.clustering.*/> .torque
<http://en.it-usenet.org/groups/gmane.comp.clustering.torque.*/> .user
<http://en.it-usenet.org/groups/gmane.comp.clustering.torque.user/>

maui/torque preemption 2013-05-13 21:56

I am running maui 3.3.1 with torque 3.0.5 and trying to use
preemption for better system utilization.

Preepmtion is set up in maui as follows:
QOSCFG[hi]  QFLAGS=PREEMPTOR:RESTARTPREEMPT PRIORITY=1000
QOSCFG[low]  QFLAGS=NOBF:PREEMPTEE PRIORITY=1
PREEMPTPOLICY  SUSPEND

CLASSCFG[batch]       QDEF=hi FLAGS=PREEMPTOR
CLASSCFG[low]         QDEF=hi PRIORITY=800 FLAGS=PREEMPTOR
CLASSCFG[preempt]     QDEF=low

jobs only get preempted(suspended) IF the preemptor job requests
exactly the same resources as the runnning preepmtable job.

Is there any configuration in maui to allow ANY preepmtable job to be
preempted if a preemtor job is waiting?

Thanks
Eva