Hi,

I’ve just downloaded MAUVE to align some assemblies created in MaSuRCA but I
keep getting the following error: -

Error running aligner.
java.io.IOException: Cannot run program: “Volumes/Mauve
2.3.1/mauve.app/Contents/MacOS/progressiveMauve”: error=8, Bad CPU type in
executable

Has anyone else had this issue? Or more importantly has anyone else found out
how to get over it?

I also downloaded 2 genomes from genbank to make sure it wasn’t my assembly
files but they also threw the same error?

Thanks in advance.

Karen Cox
Integrated PhD Student

Mobile: +61 452 483040
(Sydney)

Group address: Infectious Disease Epidemiology Group, University of Southampton
Mailpoint 814, Level C, Sir Henry Wellcome Laboratories, South Block,
University Hospital Southampton Foundation NHS Trust
Southampton SO16 6YD, UK