Hi Mauve Users,

I'm trying to use Mauve to compare two de novo assembled genomes of the
same species of fungi. Both genomes contain ~45Mbp, with an average of
1,000 contigs per assembly.

In most cases, Mauve finds a matching LCB, but the LCBs are always located
in very different positions on the two genomes. I'm looking to visualize
how similar the two genomes are, so I'd like to see how the contigs
generally match with one another. I attempted to reorder one assembly
against the other, but with similar results.

Please let me know if I'm missing a parameter that can help, or if Mauve is
the right tool for this.

Thanks!