i built a trivial tryout webapp based on what i'm reading in the
friendbook-jsp example.  lots of undocmented stuff going on in there, but
mav2 looks tight.  when the docs are out, smiles will be inevitable.

problem is, as in the friendbook-jsp example, when i derive my controller
from ThrowawayBean, it's populating the bean with this command:

Beanutils.populate(this,this.getRequest().getParameterMap());

as it turns out, getParameterMap() causes a java.lang.AbstractMethodError
(whew, ain't never met one of them before!).

my guess is that this is also a Servlet 2.3 thing.  care to dismiss or
corroborate?

grim evidence is piling up that Maverick is not at all a happy camper in the
Tomcat 3 forest.

--
Beautiful Code BV
Rotterdam, The Netherlands