>Hmmm, seems to me that anyone who inherits a maverick project is going
>to need some minimal amount of orientation anyways, and letting them
>know about the currentConfig command would seem like an important step.
>True, it's harder to guess than a maverick-processed.xml file, but at
>least it's still available if you're using a WAR file.

This is a valid point. Maybe the answer is just to put the currentConfig
param in a fairly obvious place in the documentation, so a new developer
can't help but to find it.

>I'm really averse to the idea of writing files, especially back into the
>WAR.  It just seems to me that it is very likely not going to work and
>it's not really intuitive; nothing else I've ever seen *writes* files to
>the WEB-INF dir.  Yeah, someone could miss the special command, but
>that's why I slave over the documentation :-)  If people end up asking
>about it a lot on this list, I'll add it to the FAQ.

Yes, the more I think about it, the more this seems odd to me as well (once
again I come up with an idea and spout it before giving all the
repercussions good thought). I think you are probably right about the
documentation approach.