Hi all,

Say, I have got a view like:
<view name="simpleReport" type="redirect" path="showSimpleReport.m"/> (I use
.m for Maverik commands). The current version of Maverik does a normal
redirect (response.sendRedirect). Imho it would be great if Maverik would
recognize that it is about to redirect to another Maverik command, and
instead of doing a real redirect, call that other command. And instead of
making a string copy of the objects in the context (stored like
getCtx().setParam(blah, obj)) to request parameters, make (or keep) the
objects available in their original form.

I have got the case that I want to do a redirect to another command. For
this other command I have some object (which is not of type string!)
available in my first/ calling command. Right now the only way that I can
expose arbitrary objects from the first command to the second command is by
using session objects (or something similar), which is not *that* handy.

Besides my own little problem (I already implemented the workaround), I
think doing a 'server side' redirect is better because it saves a
client-server roundtrip. Better because it it more efficient, and because it
does not expose variables meant for internal use (which is allways the case
if command1 calls command2?).

Well, what do you all think?

Cheers,

Eelco Hillenius