Hey there,

I'm using Mayan to store a bunch of my personal documents (bills, etc) and
using indexes to organize them.  So far everything works really well,
except for the occasional "Server error" when viewing the indexes.  Most of
the time I can resolve the error by refreshing the page, but ideally I'd
like it to stop happening in the first place.  The problem doesn't occur
all the time - sometimes I'll see it once and a refresh makes it disappear,
other times I can refresh dozens of times and still see the error.  The
problem only occurs on index nodes that show documents, not index nodes
that only show child nodes.

When the error occurs, I see the following in the error log:

2017-07-31 08:50:15,983 common.middleware.error_logging <3752> [ERROR]
"process_exception() line 17 Exception caught by request middleware;
<WSGIRequest: GET '/indexing/instance/node/363/'>, maximum recursion depth
exceeded while calling a Python object"
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"/usr/local/mayan-edms/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/core/handlers/base.py",

line 185, in _get_response
    response = wrapped_callback(request, *callback_args, **callback_kwargs)
  File
"/usr/local/mayan-edms/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/views/generic/base.py",

line 68, in view
    return self.dispatch(request, *args, **kwargs)
  File
"/usr/local/mayan-edms/lib/python2.7/site-packages/mayan/apps/document_indexing/views.py",

line 240, in dispatch
    self, request, *args, **kwargs
  File
"/usr/local/mayan-edms/lib/python2.7/site-packages/mayan/apps/common/mixins.py",

line 350, in dispatch
    ).dispatch(request, *args, **kwargs)
  File
"/usr/local/mayan-edms/lib/python2.7/site-packages/mayan/apps/common/mixins.py",

line 315, in dispatch
    ).dispatch(request, *args, **kwargs)
  File
"/usr/local/mayan-edms/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/views/generic/base.py",

line 88, in dispatch
    return handler(request, *args, **kwargs)
  File
"/usr/local/mayan-edms/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/views/generic/list.py",

line 159, in get
    self.object_list = self.get_queryset()
  File
"/usr/local/mayan-edms/lib/python2.7/site-packages/mayan/apps/common/mixins.py",

line 285, in get_queryset
    self.queryset = self.__class__.original_get_queryset(self, *args,
**kwargs)

The last two entries repeat for a long time and it ends with:

  File
"/usr/local/mayan-edms/lib/python2.7/site-packages/mayan/apps/document_indexing/views.py",

line 248, in get_queryset
    return DocumentListView.get_queryset(self)
  File
"/usr/local/mayan-edms/lib/python2.7/site-packages/mayan/apps/common/mixins.py",

line 287, in get_queryset
    return super(PreserveGetQuerysetMixin, self).get_queryset(*args,
**kwargs)
RuntimeError: maximum recursion depth exceeded while calling a Python object

I'm not sure what to do to resolve this.

My Mayan install is on CentOS 7.3 VM, with Python 2.7.5, and the DB is on a
separate server running PostgreSQL 9.6.1 (on FreeBSD).  I installed Mayan
using the "Advanced Deployment" instructions.  I'm on the latest version of
Mayan - 2.6.4.  I've also gone through a few upgrades (pip install -U
mayan-edms) on this install - I think I started at 2.1 or 2.2, but I can't
recall the exact version.

Most of my indexes are simply the Root node with one child level that has a
form similar to "{{ document.metadata_value_of.zFrom }}", there's nothing
terribly complex about them.  I've seen this problem on all of the indexes.

So far I've tried rebuilding the indexes and deleting all of the .pyc files
(in case something old was left over from one of the upgrades).  Neither
really helped, though I have noticed that restarting the UWSGI process
seems to make it behave for a while.

Is there enough here to help me figure out what's happening?  If not, what
can I do to get closer to resolving this?

Thanks,
-- Dave

--

---