Hey Doug - I managed to get this configured with my Docker container.

Here's how I did it.

1: created a docker volume for "dms_apps"
2: mounted volume to Mayan container to a local path of /etc/mayan (my
version is configured with the MySQL option, so this dir was empty)
3: created the symlink to /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/mayan/apps
4: Ran mayan-edms.py migrate
5: Restart container (may take a bit longer to initialize)

After the restart, the Analyzers option is available within Setup.

Noong Biyernes, Hunyo 23, 2017 ng 8:37:25 AM UTC-5, si Douglas Van Es ay
sumulat:

> thank you for the response roberto. great work on mayan, it looks like an
> amazing tool. i think it will fill my organization's requirements for edm
> rather well, if i can pull an invoice name out of the scanned documents
> using OCR and then name the document using the invoice name, or at a
> minimum populate a metadata field.
>
> it seems like matthias has created an extension that will fit the bill
> for my OCR needs, but i am having a little difficulty finding my way
> around the docker container's environment.
>
> do i need to customize the image in this case? or can i just install
> matthias' document_analyzer extension by placing it in mayan's root
> folder?
>
> i just need to know what paths to use in the instructions on the
> extension's git site and quoted below:
>
> > Installation
> >
> > clone the sources from gitlab to you local env.
> >
> > add an link from your mayan/apps folder to the document_analyzer folder:
> > cd /yourmayanroot/apps
> > ln -s /yourgitroot/document_analyzer/document_analyzer/ .
> >
> > In your settings/local.py file add document_analyzer to your
> INSTALLED_APPS list:
> > INSTALLED_APPS += (
> >     'document_analyzer',
> > )
> >
> > Run the migrations for the app:
> > mayan-edms.py migrate
>
> i'm pretty sure local.py sits in /var/lib/docker/volumes/mayan_settings/
> _data/ and that i can make the mentioned changes there.
>
> it's figuring out what to substitute for "yourmayanroot" that has me
> stumped. i don't have an apps folder in /var/lib/docker/volumes/
> mayan_settings/_data/
>
> problem is there are duplicates of these files and folders sprinkled
> around the image: in hashed folders at /var/lib/docker/aufs/mnt and so on.
>
> thanks again for your time!
>
> doug van es
>

> On Wed, 21 Jun 2017 12:52:24 -0700, Roberto Rosario wrote:
>
> > Check the section "Customizing the image"
> > here: https://hub.docker.com/r/mayanedms/mayanedms/
> >
> > It is not the easiest thing to do but it is the way Docker images are
> > officially customized.
> >
> > However, after the next version, I plan to work on finding ways to
> > customize the image without having to rebuild a new image.
> > One idea I want to try is providing an environment variable called
> > MAYAN_PIP_PACKAGES or similar that contains a comma delimited list of
> > packages to download and install from the web. The disadvantage of this
> > approach is that the installed packages are not persistent and need to
> > be downloaded and installed every time the image starts.
> >
> > Also planning on trying something like MAYAN_APT_PACKAGES too to allow
> > installing Ubuntu packages like extra OCR language packs at runtime.
> >
> > Docker provides a command called "commit" which could be the answer to
> > the non persistent issue.
> >
> > These are all untested ideas at the moment and for now the only official
> [...]

---