Hello,

1) They must be using a regular expression feature to extract the data. I
must warn that it is never a good idea to rely on OCR output for data. OCR
is one of those features that will never work 100%. If you do have some
fallback logic to avoid adding garbage data. We could add a post OCR
processing step to add a feature like this. The best place for that would
be the workflow engine. I think there are post OCR triggers. We would need
a regular expression workflow action.

2) A pity. Looks very interesting. I have a lot on my plate but will take a
look to see how difficult it would be add this as a standard app.

3) We added Filters to Paperattor which work a bit like SmartLinks. We are
looking into reusing this method to add workflow trigger filters. This
means that you can make a workflow to trigger the transition and add tags
or extract OCR data for metadata only is certain condition programmed in
the workflow filter is met.

Keep the ideas and use cases coming, they give us a good roadmap to
develops the next set of features.

---