Actually on the matter of ThreadMBS,  do the static methods
PatchRuntimeObjectLocking() etc  workfor code in pre-emptive threads like the
CoreAudio one ? (  via the PortAudio  callback )

I am in the process of reworking my code to be able to run vis the callback but
still get crashes.  Im trying to remove situationscausing locking etc and its
going quite well.

one big problem i seem to get is when im receiving MIDI events via MIDIPortMBS.

I am running the Portaudio callback at a 64 frame buffer size  ( for load
testing ) and while the audio thread runs - EVEN WITH LITTLE OR NO CODE RUNNING
IN THE THREAD, when i receive a burst of MIDI ( from another app ) I often
getcrashes.   And this is using the MIDIPortMBS and all reh related classes in
THREADSAFE mode...
Would it be more reliable to use PortMIDI when using the PortAudioMBS callback
method ?