On Jun 1, 2011, at 2:28 AM, Christian Schmitz wrote:

> Am 01.06.2011 um 01:57 schrieb Michael Diehr:
>
>> Hi Christian,
>>
>> Please see "Examples/Mac OS X/Overlay Window/Attached OverlayWindows.rbp".
>>
>> Attaching an overlay to another window does not work in Cocoa builds.  Works
>> in Carbon.
>
> Well, the carbon concept of window groups seems not to exist on Cocoa. As
> long as I don't see something there, I can't support Attach for Cocoa.

Two ideas:

* In Carbon, this works (with regular REALbasic window class):

  Window1.windowGroupMBS.Level =
Window1.windowGroupMBS.LevelForKey(kCGFloatingWindowLevelKey)
howerer, in Cocoa, this fails because
  Window1.windowGroupMBS = nil

however, if I did this, it works!
      #if TargetCocoa
        winGroup = new WindowGroupMBS
        winGroup.create(0)
        me.WindowGroupMBS = winGroup
      #endif
      winGroup.level = LevelForKey(kCGFloatingWindowLevelKey)

Could it be possible that you can use WindowGroups with cocoa windows?

* It looks fairly easy to get notifications if another window moves using
  NSWindowDidResizeNotification
Here's an example of a cocoa window that attaches to another window:
  http://mattgemmell.com/2007/10/03/maattachedwindow-nswindow-subclass
perhaps you can use that technique?