Hi,

Unfortunately, I need fairly large amounts of data(1-5MB) to start the
calculations.

I would have to save that data to a file for an external program to read it.

I don't really like making temporary files because I would have to make sure
the app has read/write/overwrite access and works with Win7 UAC

Lee