On Oct 22, 2014, at 10:32 AM, Tim Jones <tolis...@me.com> wrote:

> On Oct 22, 2014, at 10:18 AM, Michael Diehr <m...@xochi.com> wrote:
>
>> It's actually a HTML page that can include any number of videos that may be
>> overlaid in a complex web page, so I really need the RenderImage().
>> The "check if it returns in < 5msec" workaround seems OK for now.
>
> How are you dealing with the potential of network congestion?  Could there be
> a caching issue that might cause that check to become invalid?

The content is local from the hard drive, so it's generally not an issue.

My hunch is that internally, the Cocoa WebView is preparing the next update to
the movie(s) frame(s) and when it gets the "render" call, it simply returns a
blank image?  Seems that it would make more sense to just deliver the last
rendered image if nothing is available, but maybe it doesn't work that way.