>> I would need working examples to understand what can be
>> done with it and how to use it. Will this be made available again?

> in Cocoa, you have to make a window yourself with ABPeoplePickerViewMBS.

You have an example for that, I believe:
Leopard->CocoaControls->PeoplePickerView

But also this example crashes, just after one allows access to contacts:

A Cocoa NSInvalidArgumentException was not handled: NSConcreteAttributedString
initWithString:: nil value. Please report to the application developer. The
application will quit now. (use NSExceptionMBS class to catch this exception)