> Am 23.12.2014 um 23:10 schrieb dazz <dazzl...@ikotame.net>:
>
> hello
>
> was checking the example file SHA3 test, don’t know much about crypto, so i
> was trying to figure out if i get this right :
> SHA3 produces a hash text of given lenght, no matter what the lenght is and
> this hash is unique ?
> if i send to it a 200 characters text long, it replies with a 32 leght text
> for example, that is unique

Yes, that's same for all hashes. They reduce a lot of data to a small piece of
data.
The small piece is not always unique, but with a big hash it's unlikely to find
a duplicate in your live.

> so i can store this hash somewhere in a db and compare it to what a user send

yes.

> about the AES with php
>
> does this mean i can encrypt in AES in xojo and decrypt the restult in a web
> page using php ?

Yes. The new CipherMBS is much better there to reproduce padding like other
tools offer it.

Greetings
Christian

--
Read our blog about news on our plugins:

http://www.mbsplugins.de/