It absolutely does! And it would make perfect sense if the 2 lines weren’t both
line width 2 and using the exact same x axis ;) The problem is that I added 2
datasets to the same line layer with the same x axis and the second one didn’t
line up with the first even though the 2 arrays had the same number of data
points. If I had 2 separate layers with different line widths or different x
axis then I’d totally accept that as the problem. If I create 2 data sets with
the same array of data in the same line layer with the same x axis and the
second one doesn’t line up, then thats a different problem I think?

> On Oct 16, 2015, at 5:55 PM, Steve Upton <up...@chromix.com> wrote:
>
> Off the top of my head it seems that you are dealing with a centering problem.
>
> any odd-width line will appear centered (same number of pixels appear on each
> side of the line while one pixel appears “on” the line)
>
> An even number means that there are an uneven number of pixels to draw on
> each side of the line (once you remove the one pixel that draws on the line).
>
> Why your lines don’t align might have to do with how you “start” them. If the
> algorithm decides to put the extra pixel on the left of the line and your
> lines start from opposite directions, then they won’t line up…..
>
> does this make sense?

Thanks,
 James

James Sentman                       http://sentman.com