Pavel Roskin wrote:

>Hello, Miven!

>I don't like it.  If I want to mark a few files that span the whole screen
>and I want to see as many of them as I can, I'm now forced to move the
>cursor to the middle of the marked files.

Right, I see.  Therefore the scroll by half screen thing.  It keeps the
list stationary
as much as possible, so you can work on a chunk of it.
Esthetically speaking, I like the effect, and it was a _clean_ hack
LOL... maybe
a ini thing... smooth_scrolling=1?  I surf a lot of long file lists, and
I find it easier
to read as they are going by.

I understand your desire to clean up the code, and even simplify it
somewhat.
I don't miss the gmc thing, it never worked very well anyway.

>Next time make sure that your patch is not mangled by your mailer.  If you
>cannot do it, use gzip.

Yes I will gzip them. I saw what it looked like after I posted it.
Apologies. That's mozilla for you.
It mangles html almost as bad as ms.  What do you use?

Thanx for the replies.  Cheers, and keep up the good work ( and critique
:-).

ps. How long have you been working on mc? I just got here.