Roland Illig wrote:
+    if (!initialized) {
+       uid = getuid ();
+       ngroups = getgroups (0, NULL);
+       if (ngroups != -1) {
            /* allocate space for one more element
             * than will be filled by getgroups(). */
+           groups = g_new (gid_t, ngroups + 1);
+           ngroups = getgroups (ngroups, groups);
+
+           /* getgroups() may or may not return the effective group ID,
+            * so we always include it at the end of the list. */
+           if (ngroups >= 0) {
+               groups[ngroups++] = getegid();
+       }
+       initialized = TRUE;
+    }

I felt the need for that comment because otherwise the "+ 1" could become misinterpreted. Together with the second comment, it should be ok.

Roland