Leonard den Ottolander wrote:
> Hello Roland,
>
> On Wed, 2006-08-02 at 17:04 +0200, Roland Illig wrote:
>
>>The file viewer has become much slower for large files, which annoys
>>some users.
>

> Is this something that can be fixed within a couple of weeks? Any leads
> on how to solve the issue?

I have had a look at the less(1) source code, which has to make similar
things (viewing large files quickly). I haven't read the code
completely, but it looks very promising.

For the timeframe in which I can do the work: I will be leaving for
holiday tomorrow or the day after, coming back near August 27. So if we
want a usable, quick viewer in the release, it takes some more time. :)

Roland