On Fri, 07 Dec 2007 00:57:19 +0100, Michail Vidiassov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Ok, it fixed problems on Mac OS X I have complained about.
>
> But one problem ramains - if I enter an archive named in Russian, (by
> pressing Enter on it)
>   its name appears in the command-line area below the panels (Ctrl-L
> clears it).

I think an fprintf (stderr, ...) function could do that, try redirect
stderr when running mc.
I have not found a way how reproduce this problem, so if you could send me
an example problematic archive for testing. (ideal with whole path to
archive)
I have no idea what is happening for now.

> Please, add KOI8*, CP866, CP1251, CP1252 to the list of supported
> encodings - that will serve most of the needs of Russians till the time
> when you deal with the issue in a proper general way.

Encodings added.