I have written a VFS for extfs and would like a way to create a symlink that

points back to somewhere on the local filesystem.

The extfs README says that this should be possible:

' ...If this [symlink] PATH starts with a MC vfs prefix, then it is a
symlink
somewhere to the other virtual filesystem (if you want to specify path from
the local root, use local:/path_name instead of /path_name, since /path_name
means from root of the archive listed.'

>From what I can tell from the source code, this funtionality no longer
exists.

Am I missing something?  I thought I would check here before filing a bug
report.

--
Bruce