It's already done and attached to ticket #1370. I've been doing it for
ages and it wasn't that hard; it just took me a while to get my system
to compile the sources I got from git.

Debian/Ubuntu ships a patched version of MC with UTF-8 but I've always
seen these messages involved with the patch in plain, not translated,
English.

David-----Original Message-----From: "Yury V. Zaytsev" [y...@shurup.com]date:
25/07/2009 08:21To: mc-de...@gnome.orgsubject: Re: How to update es.po?On Fri,
2009-07-24 at 14:35 +0400, Andrew Borodin wrote: > On Fri, 24 Jul 2009 05:55:11
-0400 "David Martin" wrote: > >  > > I will try to update Spanish translations
as soon as possible, >  > Great! Thanks!  Andrew, did you actually check out
with Patrick first whether someone from the Debian team is already working on
Spanish translation to avoid duplicate efforts?   --  Sincerely yours, Yury V.