Yes, it is useful. Please create a ticket on www.midnight-commander.org.

> By the way: how to enable BlockShiftLeft/BlockShiftRight? I tried
> editing mc.keymap, but none of locations where i put it didn't worked.

System-wide in /etc/mc/keymap, section [editor]. For reference:
BlockShiftLeft = alt-shift-left
BlockShiftRight = alt-shift-right

For user only, the same is in ~/.config/mc/mc.keymap.

Both cases are work for me.

Be sure that shortcuts you choose are supported in your terminal.

--
Andrew