Hello Pavel!

On Fri, 2 Mar 2001, Gnome CVS User wrote:
> Log message:
> * aclocal.m4 (MC_HPUX_PROG_CC_STDC): Remove, it's obsolete.
> * configure.in: Use AC_PROG_CC_STDC instead.

This change breaks the build process started with autogen.sh when
automake 1.4 and autoconf 2.13 are used:
     autoconf: Undefined macros:
     configure.in:39:AC_PROG_CC_STDC

And if AC_PROG_CC_STDC is defined like AM_PROG_CC_STDC in automake 1.4
it might break compilation on AIX. I have been told back in 1997 that
-qlanglvl=ansi breaks compilation on AIX with the native AIX compiler.
Search src/OChangeLog and ChangeLog for PROG_CC_STDC to find kind of
history about this issue.

Kind Regards,
Norbert