On Wed, Apr 18, 2001 at 12:24:14AM -0400, Miguel de Icaza wrote:

> > I have a mixed feeling about removing the GMC support. It will clearly
> > make the life easier for those who want to contribute to MC but don't want
> > to install and learn GNOME.
>
> This has never been the case.  You can compile and install MC without
> having GNOME installed.

Miguel, I think, that Pavel's point here, that if you are DEVELOPER, you can't
develop console MC only - you need at least check, that GNOME version compilable,
I shouldn't say - not screwed up by the changes. For a long time this was a
problem for me, for exmpl, cause my home PC was unable to handle X and GNOME....

With best regards,
                Timur.