On 30 Aug 2001, Paul Seelig wrote:

> Date: 30 Aug 2001 11:22:59 +0200
> From: Paul Seelig <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Newsgroups: local.mc-devel
> Subject: Re: mc in mc patch
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Walery Studennikov) writes:
>
> > Many people (including me) only suffer when running mc from mc
> > by misprint (mv -> mc).
> > Maybe we can make this a configurable feature,
> > during compile time or from options dialog?
> >
> Just put this in your "~/.mc/bashrc":
>
>    alias mc="echo -e 'You are already in MC subshell\a\a'"
>
> Me thinks this was posted on one of the MC lists a few years ago.
> Works really nice for me.  Maybe this could be added to the FAQ?
>
>                             Cheers, P. *8^)
I have the following in my ~/.mc/bashrc:
test -n "$PS1" && PS1='[\u@\h \W]\$ '
PS1="mc: $PS1"
function mc() { echo -e 'You are already in MC subshell\a\a'; }

I do not remember the reason why function worked better for me than alias
which I had initially, but there had to be some;
Additionally I modify prompt PS1 (after setting it to value I prefer if it
was empty) so that it is clear that I am under MC even if panels are
hidden.

> --
>    ------------ Paul Seelig <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> -------------
>    African Music Archive - Institute for Ethnology and Africa Studies
>    Johannes Gutenberg-University   -  Forum 6  -  55099 Mainz/Germany

Best regards,

Wojtek