Hello!

Your message to the list was rejected because it was in HTML.  Please
don't send HTML to the mailing lists that don't specifically allow it.

> Hi, MC users:  I want to install Midnight Commander in my Sparc
> workstation with SunOS 5.  Yet I met some problems.  I do "sh
> configure", "make", "make install" in turn. And the first two steps go
> smoothly.  When I "make install", there are some error messages:
>
> make: Fatal error: Don't know how to make target "install-data-local"
> Current working directory /tmp/.../mc-4.5.55/doc-gnome/C
> ***Error code 1

I'm assuming you are using version 4.5.55.  You should try version
4.6.0-pre1 or the latest snapshot.  This problem was fixed by removing
doc-gnome directory.

> And although i can run mc now, i have only black and white interface in
> xterm or cshell, not a colored one.

This bug was also fixed after 4.5.55 and before 4.6.0-pre1.

> And i can't do drag & drop with mouse in MC.

This still doesn't work and I don't think it will ever work.

> Any of you have had the same experience as I? and any solution to it?

I remember seeing similar reports about failures in the "doc-gnome"
directory.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin