Quoting Pavel Roskin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Strictly speaking, you asked to replace ^M (presumably with some other
> text), not to remove it.  Also, you didn't say that you are dealing with
> DOS text, where ^M always precedes the newline.
>
> It's easy to emulate functionality of dos2unix in mcedit.  Select F4
> (Replace).  Then enter:
>
> Enter search string:
> . Ctrl-q Enter
>
> Enter replacement string:
> Ctrl-q Enter
>
> Select "Regular expression".  Press OK.  That's it.

This is some excercise to do rather common operation
(common at least to me... ;-)...)

Maybe I dare to suggest new MC command (presumably in FILE pull-down menu):
"Convert", with options:
MS-DOS -> Unix
Unix   -> MS-DOS

and maybe for Apple etc.

And possibly with the option to save with different name (with "Save as...."
prefilled with current name).

I know I'll like to have it many times... ;-)

--
Peter Masiar, [EMAIL PROTECTED], (203) 764-8131
I am not a lawyer. My ideas are NOT binding for University.