Hello,

On Thu, 23 Jun 2005, Leonard den Ottolander wrote:

> The problem with all this is that the file command does not reliably
> test the file type inside b/gzipped files so we have to do some
> trickery.
>
> Does the attached patch fix the issue (adds a test for the location
> /var/log)?

Isn't it better to use the `mandir' variable to determine the possible
location of manpages instead of hardcoding `/var/log' ? configure would
then replace `mandir' with the correct value and MC will assume that
files under that directory are manpages ? Or use `localstatedir' to
determine the location of the /var folder ?