> ------------------------------
>

> Message: 5
> Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 05:33:22 -0000
> From: "Reynir Stefansson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: A "bug" in Midnight Commander? (the editor)
> To: <mc@gnome.org>

Tim's original question:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I keep telling myself that there's a little inadequacy in the built in
> > editor. I haven't come accoss any reference to this feature in the faq
> > or built-in help.
> >
> > Sorry, I'm not a programmer so there's no chance of me contributing
> > anything.  I suppose I could write a macro to get around this, but that
> > would be a "work-around" and not a fix.
> >
> > When you use Ctrl-p to re-format a paragraph then there appears a
> > double-space in various places of that paragraph.
> >
> > I reckon this inadequacy is too trivial to justify a fix, but I thought I
> > should ask anyway, espeically if one has already been made.
>

> Does the text in question have trailing spaces? I dare say it's a rather
> common affliction to text editors put in a double space when that happens.
>

> Reynir Stef?nsson ([EMAIL PROTECTED])

Yes, that's right.

Emacs handles spaces correctly while reformatting a paragraph.  Oh well, I'll
live with it.  It's a small price to pay for all that mc does.

--

See you,
Tim.                            http://members.iinet.net.au/~timdougl/

(Got a message from 0spam.com?  They are my spam protection and I must
have forgotten to permit your mail)