Dnia Monday 25 of February 2008, MK napisaƂ:
> Mikolaj Machowski gets some of it:
> > Don't know how you are calling vim in that scope but you can easily
> > map something to F10 to quit and change colorscheme.
>
> surprise to me also that vim became the default view (ie. "use internal
> viewer=0") although i have no "$VIEWER" defined

I think mc defines viewer as {VIEWER:vi} or compatible - that means use
$EDITOR value or if not defined use vi (usually vim).

> "vim" shows up with it's own color scheme (the same as the one i'm
> already using); i don't want to "quit" or change anything at that point
> (mc included) any more than i would want to adjust my rear view mirror
> every time i turn a corner.

Define $VIEWER or View command in bindings as
vim -X --noplugin -c "colorscheme desert" -c "map <F10> :qa!<cr>"

It will load vim with desert (just example) colorscheme and F10 will
quit vim. Note: you may need to escape ! with \ depending on your shell.

m.