Hallo, Theodore,

Du meintest am 28.10.09 zum Thema Re: mc 4.7.0pre3 support for .tlz archives:

>> Does "installpkg" work with *.txz packages (it should, of course).

> Of course it does.

Ok - the necessary libraries are there.

> But the question from here is about how to set up
> MC to do the kinds of things with .txz files which it can do with
> .tgz files. These include at least the following:

> 1. F3 shows the directory structure inside the tarball.
> 2. Enter opens up the filesystem of the tarball, and such things can
> be done as to view what is in them, to copy individual files or
> subdirectories out of the tarball, and such.

Works since many months.

> 3. F2 followed by x will extract the contents

Never tried, but should work too.

> As I said, these things may very well be possible to set up. But none
> of them currently work.

Strange. Very strange (if that cheers you up).

What about a quite new ~/.mc

        cd
        mv .mc .mc-old

        mc

Some entries and files under ~/.mc have changed slightly.

What about the contents of "/etc/profile.d/mc.sh", what about "alias |
grep mc"?
It/they should show

        . /usr/share/mc/bin/mc-wrapper.sh

And "which mc" should show nothing. "which -a mc" should show "/usr/bin/
mc".

Viele Gruesse!
Helmut