* Yury V. Zaytsev <y...@shurup.com> [24.11.2009 19:00]:
> On Tue, 2009-11-24 at 18:15 +0100, Uli Armbruster wrote:
>
> > I'm relatively new to mc and I love it so far, was able to create profiles
> > to connect to several ftp and ssh machines etc.
>
> At least for ssh you would normally use ~/.ssh/config and mc will pick
> this up automatically.
>
> > I would be very thankful, because this feature would kick ass!
>
> You need to create a vfs script for this e.g. flac2oggfs. This is a
> pretty advanced level of mc-fu and I guess using Paul's suggestion is
> the best way around it unless you're keen on modding mc to death.
>
> If you'll pick the vfs-way you can look at the existing scripts for
> usage examples, but be mindful of the fact that this is never going to
> be integrated upstream unless you come up with a solution that is
> general enough.
>
> --
> Sincerely yours,
> Yury V. Zaytsev

Ok, I think when I find the time, I'll try to create this vfs script. Thanks so
far.

I do this ftp and ssh stuff via directory hotlist (ctrl+\), didn't know about
thei ${HOME}/.ssh/config way. Seems like there remains a lot to discover in mc
:-)

I never intended this to come upstream! I just thought, maybe there's someone
out there who wanted this specific thing as well and already found a solution.

Cya :-)