I've used mc as my file manager in any Linux I'm using for years.
And I have to say, I wouldn't want to be without it. KUDOS to
the authors and maintainers!

But I've almost always been disappointed by the fact that in xterm and/or
konsole, I've been unable to find a key binding that will copy the
full path name of the currently selected file to the command line.
(the only exception I've found to that is with Sabayon Linux {which is
based on gentoo...}) in all the other Linux {usually under kde} I've tried
since fedora core 1, both C-Enter and C-Shift-Enter acted like I hadn't
pressed a modifier key. Though usually Alt-Enter did work. But that's not
as useful as C-Shift-Enter in building a command line affecting multiple
files in more than one directory...

Unless I'm using Sabayon or am actually in a console, I wind up
doing something like positioning the cursor in the panel displaying the
directory with the fewest applicable files. Then doing something like
"X=$(pwd)Enter" and typing the command using "$A/Alt-Enter" to effectively
copy the pathnames from that directory and just "Alt-Enter" (or Esc Enter)
to copy the filenames from the other directory. Then if I make sure I'm
in the other directory when I hit enter, it generally works. But that's a
real pain...

Does anyone know an easier way to do this??????????

AND/or does anyone know what is so different with Sabayon that the
C-Shift-Enter binding works in X on it and not in the other distro's???

I'm currently using the mc I get with apt-get and/or emerge:

mc 4.6.2-pre1 in: Elive development ver 1.9.51 (based on debian lenny)
Where the C-Shift-Enter key binding fails when using: Konsole 1.6.6
(allegedly: using kde 3.5.10) (Using e17) kde not fully installed)
or using: rxvt-unicode, version 9.05

mc 4.6.2-pre1 in: Kubuntu Jaunty
Where the C-Shift-Enter key binding fails when using: Konsole 2.2.2
(using kde 4.2.2 ) or using: xterm 241

And also:

mc 4.6.2-pre1 in: Sabayon 4.2 (the kde/64bit version)
Where the C-Shift-Enter key binding WORKS when using: Konsole 2.2.3
(using kde 4.2.4 ) or using: xterm 243

I do note that the konsole and xterms versions are higher in this Sabayon
installation. But I don't think that's really relevant because It has
"just worked" for me in Sabayon since Sabayon 3.5f (Using kde 3.x)