On Sun, 2011-04-24 at 09:03 +1200, William Kimber wrote:
> On Saturday 23 April 2011 22:57:28 you wrote:
> > On Sat, 2011-04-23 at 09:57 +1200, William Kimber wrote:
> > > Also when fish is buffering and copying it is at about a tenth or
> > > less of the speed that the network runs at.
> >
> > What do you mean by "at about tenth ..."? Are you including the
> > buffering stage in the calculation?
>
> Yes I am including the buffering.  Actually it is probably more like 50
> times slower overall rather than 10 times.  It is on local 100M ethernet
> connection.

Then you must be kidding me. What buffering has to do at all with your
network speed? It's a constant overhead defined by your file size and
local filesystem read/write speed.

> It seems to not work properly if the harddrive is filled,

Of course it won't work for properly if you are running out of space.

> Is there any way to stop it once you have started the transfer?

Not at the moment, but as far as I know Ilya was struggling to implement
something like this in the development version.

--
Sincerely yours,
Yury V. Zaytsev