On Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 6:43 AM,  <ke...@karsites.net> wrote:
> I have downloaded the Windows 32 bit executable for Midnight Commander, and
> have installed it on my Vista laptop. I need to ftp from my Vista laptop,
> into my main machine running Centos 5.6.

More recent MC builds are available in Cygwin, at least 4.6.1 is on my
Windows machine right now.

> There appears to be a problem with the size of the mc gui. I cannot drag the
> corner and resize it to a usable size. It's only about 3.5" wide, by 3"
> tall.

Windows cmd.exe is not ordinarily resizable by dragging the edges.

> Is there any way to make the mc screen larger on Windows Vista please, so I
> can actually see what I'm doing!

Use the DOS "mode" command to set the screen size before you run MC. I
use "mode 132,60" to get a nice big window.

> NB This was sent from my web hosters webmail interface, as my ISP's smtp
> server is being blocked by the gnome spam filtering tool :(

UCEPROTECT is generally considered to be an extortion scheme. They
block you and want money to be removed from their list. I'm amazed
anyone is actually using them to block e-mail.

Good luck :)