> Hi,
>
> I tested it and it doesn't behave as you describe it. Someone
> indicated some bugs about it. I'll wait for the next stable release.

I've noticed it seems to store where one window is, the other opens in
the current directory.  I think it also matters how many instances of
mc you've got open and what order they get closed in.  If you've got 4
or 5 open when you shut down it's unpredictable what will happen when
they start up, but until you close one they'll probably all start up
the same that session.

I always cd to /usr before I startx because that's where most stuff
I'm interested in is.  I just tried cd to /usr/lib, made that the
inactive window, closed that mc.  Restart and one window is in /usr
(current directory before x) and the other is in /usr/lib.  The active
side (left or right) starts up the same as I left it.  But it only
stores one directory.  This is with 4.7.5.2.

  Alan

--
Credit is the root of all evil.  - AB1JX