On Thu, 17 May 2012, Alan Corey wrote:

> > Yep, have another better way.
> >
> > F9 -> Options -> Panel options -> [x] Lynx-like motion
> > NB: panel listing mode shouldn't be a 'Brief file list'
> >
> > ... and you will navigate as well by "left arrow" (leave directory)
> > and "right arrow" (enter to directory). An in my opinion, this
> > behaviour much better, rather than navigation by 'Backspace' key.
>
> I haven't seen that work in Total Commander, but as long as we're on
> the subject of comparing, here's one thing I miss: In Total Commander
> you can quickly sync up your left and right panes to the same place by
> using the drive letter dropdown, even if they were both already on the
> same drive to start with.  Is there a quick way in mc to set one pane
> to where the other one is?

Unless things have changed in a newer version that I have not yet
installed, this is an old feature. Use Alt-i to make the other panel to
show the same directory, and you can also use Alt-o to make the other
panel go to the parent directory of the current one.

BTW, these two items are well documented.

Theodore Kilgore