Hello!
I’ve been using MC for 10 years but I never cared how does subshell work.
Lately I’ve switched to Mac and discovered the subshell isn’t working. At
launch, MC hangs for half minute and then launches. With -U specified, it
starts instantly.
My default shell is zsh, I’ve also tried with bash — with no luck

The problem is I don’t understand what is it checking at that time and what
should I check/enable in the system.

Here is the config: