Am Tue, 31 Dec 2019 21:44:07 +0100
schrieb Alexander Oberhuber <lzw77...@gmx.at>:

> Hello,
>
> I wonder if this is a common problem, but I could not help but notice
> that copying files inside MC is very slooow.
> Copying from the same drive to another directory on the same
> partition I only get 5 mb/sec.
> My SSD harddisk is much faster.
> Any suggestion why MC is so slow when copying files to the same partition ?
>
> Yours
> Alex

Hi,

lot of small files ore big ones? If lots of small ones it takes more time to
copy
because mc copies one by one, so always starting a new copy process, then
stopping,
starting again ... using systems copy command is much faster then.

If only a few but big files are slow to copy there should be a small difference
between mc and system.

cu jth

--

Joerg Thuemmler