(I'm replying to the list this time, just ensuring that it's not missed)

Can I ask for clarification:
- when an option, -w for example, will be given,
- then mc should start with the file's window in windowed (not fullscreen
mode),
- for multiple files, possibly arranged the windows in e.g.: cascading way,
?

I think that this would involve first creating a CK_WindowCascade action
that would arrange the windows (first exiting fullscreen if needed).

On Fri, 15 Jan 2021 at 14:32, Bob Currey via mc <mc@gnome.org> wrote:

> I looked on the --help screen but didn't see an option to open in window
> mode
>
> $ mcedit --help
> Usage:
>   mcedit [OPTION…] [+lineno] file1[:lineno] [file2[:lineno]...]
>

> GNU Midnight Commander 4.8.25-154-g33c84e75e
>

> Help Options:
>   -h, --help                Show help options
>   --help-all                Show all help options
>   --help-terminal           Terminal options
>   --help-color              Color options
>
> Application Options:
>   -V, --version             Displays the current version
>   -f, --datadir             Print data directory
>   -F, --datadir-info        Print extended info about used data directories
>   --configure-options       Print configure options
>   -P, --printwd=<file>      Print last working directory to specified file
>   -U, --subshell            Enables subshell support (default)
>   -u, --nosubshell          Disables subshell support
>   -l, --ftplog=<file>       Log ftp dialog to specified file
>   -v, --view=<file>         Launches the file viewer on a file
>   -e, --edit=<file> ...     Edit files
>

> Please send any bug reports (including the output of 'mc -V')
> as tickets at www.midnight-commander.org
>
> Midnight Commander is my favorite "mst have" program on my Linux
> machines.
>
> Thanks for all your efforts :)
>
> Bob Currey

Sebastian Gniazdowski