Kindly reply me on nag...@ziplogic.com only

Hi

Let me know if you have any consultants with the following skills

Sr. Java developer

Irvine, CA

55/hr c-c

Duration: at least 6 months

Must have excellent communication skills

The work is on the Pricing Hub project. The Pricing Hub receives pricing from
many vendors and selects the best price for a security based on stringent
rules.

The body of work the consultants will be assigned will be to automate the
remaining work that the Pricing team does manually. This include automating
acquisition of additional vendor data, adding additional checks to catch bad
prices and creation of reports that will replace Business Objects queries.
Analysts will be working closely with the Pricing team to develop business
requirements, functional specifications and test plans. Developers will be
working on Pricing Hub components to add functionality defined by the business
requirements. The Pricing Hub is a Java EE 6 application running on Glassfish
with a Flex UI. As we are migrating our Sybase databases to Oracle, the
developers be working with both databases and assisting us in our migration
effort as well.

Job Summary:

The Software Engineer - Java Developer will be responsible for the maintenance
and development of pricing applications within client environment. He/She will
be working closely with the Development Manager, Business analysts, and other
developers to support, modify, and build pricing applications used by our
customer.

Job Description:

The Software Engineer - Java Developer will perform all of the following Job

Develop software using agreed upon technologies and methods that match
requirements

Develop UAT test plans and user documentation as required.

Perform architecting and building new applications to automate workflows and
assist analysts with their work

Work in a collaborative team environment where you will be exchanging
information about specific designs and development to other team members

Perform problem solving and troubleshooting of issues.

Self-manage and balance efforts over multiple projects

Maintain attention to detail, preserve quality standards, and adhere to
standards

Provide assistance to internal R&D projects and explore the use of emerging
technologies

Work with developers and project leads to ensure application design and
functionality match customer requirements; ensure quality of products through
interaction with users and by understanding/following defined full life cycle
processes

Become familiar with customer mission, existing applications the team supports,
specific purposes of each application, and how analysts utilize the
applications to achieve their objectives

Develop well defined requirements and designs

Minimum Requirements:

  a.. 8+ years of experience
  b.. Strong background in object oriented development and design
  c.. Experience with relational database design specifically Sybase and Oracle
  d.. Experience working well under short time constraints and without close
supervision
  e.. Experience with the following technologies is a must: Java 6, J2EE, JPA,
  f.. Experience using a configuration management tool ( PVCS)
  g.. Experience working with an IDE such as Eclipse
  h.. Experience with the configuration, operation, maintenance,
administration, and performance tuning of web application infrastructures

Thanks & Regards,

Nagesh,
Zip Logic LLC.
Ph: 510-250-7616,